What are some Resources for Businesses Experiencing a Temporary Restaurant Closure?
It's hard to watch as restaurants across Canada and the US are some of the hardest hit during the Pandemic. Restaurants across the nation are doing their part to combat the spread of the COVID-19 virus. Restaurants are limiting their dine-in to takeout only, and in some cases closing their doors entirely for the time being. Even a temporary business closure can be tough, we commend them for this difficult decision to keep our communities safe.
At Push, we’re committed to offering our assistance to help our friends in the industry during this stressful time. Any helpful links have been gathered below. We also have information regarding:
Canadian Resources for Restaurants Experiencing Temporary Closures
- What You Need to Know About Canada’s Wage Subsidy Programs
- Work Share Program and Business Credit Availability Program (BCAP)
- Province Specific Assistance Available - BC/ON/AB
- Employee Guide: How to Apply for EI in Canada
- Canada Emergency Response Benefit (CERB)
USA Resources for Restaurants Experiencing Temporary Closures
How you can use Push to help with Temporary Closures.
Here’s what you can do in Push if your business or workplace is temporarily closing.
In efforts to help our customers in the most efficient way possible, we have put together a quick guide to help walk you through the steps of managing your employees as you prepare for your temporary closures: Support Article: Guide to Temporary Business Closures.
Included in the guide:
- Details on government programs and how to access information to make any government applications as smooth as possible.
- Information for your account when your business re-opens.
As always, if you have any additional questions, please contact our support team at 1 800 449 9756 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your patience and understanding as we support one another through this difficult period.
Covid 19 Resource Links for Business
- Support Article: Guide to Temporary Business Closures (Canada)
- Support Article: What to Do with Your Employees if You Expect Your Business to Temporarily Close (Canada)
- Support Article: How to Issue an ROE (so employees can apply for EI in Canada)
- Government of Canada COVID-19 Information Page (Canada)
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Businesses (Canada)
- FAQs: Government Assistance Programs
- Work-Sharing Program - Temporary special measures for the downturn in business due to COVID-19 (Canada)
- U.S. Department of Labor - COVID-19 or Other Public Health Emergencies and the Fair Labor Standards Act Questions and Answers (USA)
Covid 19 Resource Links for Employees in Canada & the USA
- How to view your ROE in your Push Account
- Blog Post: Detailed Guide on How to Apply for EI in Canada
- Support Article: Detailed Guide on How to Apply for EI in Canada
- You can access any ROEs that have been filed with Services Canada on your "My Services Canada Account" (MSCA)
- Government of Canada - How to File for EI Regular Benefits
- Dedicated Number for Immediate Access to Employment Insurance Benefits: 1-833-381-2725.
- Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians (Canada)
- EI regular benefits: After you've applied
- Frequently asked questions for Employment Insurance Benefits online
- U.S. Department of Labor - How to File for Unemployment Insurance